Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Start

I've been thinking that I'd like a place to talk about other things that aren't necessarily fit for the sad blog. And everyone's here now, so this is a good place. This may be updated, may be neglected. We'll see what happens.

Today I'm happy because I started a Christmas quilting project and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm surprised I like quilting, because of the precision required, but if you choose your patterns carefully and aren't too picky, then even an anti-perfectionist like me can be happy. I'm always surprised when I start something how much I like it. Sewing provides, for me, the perfect time to think things through. I guess that's because I'm not paying too much attention to detail. But I think a handmade project should look home made, and not perfect like a machine. No one would ever confuse my work with something machine made. :)

And I talked to Chelsea for a long time on the phone tonight, and that was wonderful. I miss her, but I'm glad she's back in the country and we can talk for an hour and a half. And she'll be home for Christmas!

1 comment:

linda jean said...

good to see you in a happy blog setting