Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kiki's Wedding Part 1

I know I'm way behind everyone on this one, but late is better than never.

I'm so thankful for all of the time I got to spend with Katrina doing wedding stuff. It was such a special time to spend together.

We went to Denver for her Bachelorette, and I got to spend a regular evening at home with the couple. We watched the Rockies play, ate Burritos, cleaned the apartment, it was fun to see them together at home. It's so strange still that she's married, and that Joe is a part of my life now, but a happy strange. It's made me even more thankful for my friends, who are still so much a part of my life, because it is funny to all of a sudden share someone with a husband. I'm also really thankful that Joe is a fantastic guy who loves her and I think he'll be a great addition to my friend-family. (Framily?)

Anyhoo, we went downtown on the train and ate sushi and then went to Mynt and Hush. Katrina got free drinks and we danced and were reminded that it's always good to take Chelsea with you. We got in the back door free at Hush, because she's so darn cute. Or, "scrumptious", according to the guy we walked by on the sidewalk.

On the way home the next day, the four girls from High School once again shared a car. Katrina, Chelsea, Brandi and I had a wonderful time. We talked the whole way, about this and that, like no time had passed at all. It's amazing how our lives have all gone different directions. I like to think about our different paths, coming from the same center, and back to the center again for the wedding. It's a pretty flower in my head. Were I a writer, I think we'd make terrific Chick-Lit.

The week preceding the wedding was full full full. Anna is a dream. She took good naps in Katrina's basement while we wrapped silverware and made programs and tied bows and, and, and. It was fun to spend so much time with Lance and Jeanne, and to remember that I'm a part of that family too.

The wedding day itself was beautifully surreal. I think maybe it deserves it's own post.

1 comment:

the quammunists said...

It sounds like loads of fun. I'm glad you all had so much time with each other.