Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Pickles, jam, rocks, and hard places.

I did NOT see this coming.

Today, after the 3 accidents before 10:00am...we had no more accidents, and also, no successes. She just didn't DO anything. (we were in the pool for a while, so I guess I'm hoping she did there?) I am hydrating the child! I'm really confused.

Tonight, when she really really didn't want to sit on the potty, I thought, OK, so we're not there yet, no biggie, and explained that if she didn't want to use the potty, we'd need to put a diaper back on. But no, she doesn't want to wear diapers, they're for babies. She wants her soft panties. She doesn't want to get the panties wet, she doesn't want to sit on the potty. She, apparently, wants to not release anything from herself in any way.

I'm so glad we started potty training! Before I felt bad just because she was 3 and in diapers...now I can worry about her actual physical and emotional health too! Yay!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

If it's any consolation, we've been potty training for months with periods of success and failure. Both of mine were really excited and did well at first ... and then the novelty wore off and they were kind of like, "Oh, you mean I have to do this every time now?" Jemma has been consistent for the past couple of weeks, so I hope our upcoming trip out of state doesn't ruin it.

malh said...

I remember when Mom was potty training a certain baby brother...I swore I would NEVER CLAP or SHOUT "YAY" after my children had done the deed. I think I have done both and more. None of the reds were potty trained before 3.

In the Mix said...

We're right there with you. At the rate we're going Phinn will be three before he gets potty trained and Georgia will probably be doing it with him. ;)
Anna will get there. A friend of mine said, "No one goes to High School in diapers".

mllr said...

If you want a break, she can come train in Nardin.

In the Mix said...

Can Phinn come train in Nardin too?

mllr said...

We would love having two little ones!