Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time for Christmas

At the beginning of December I was feeling rushed and overwhelmed and I wished for "Time" for Christmas.

Then, the week before Christmas, we got two snow days, and I got my wish.  It was delightful.  I didn't leave the house for a week and had time to make lots of  little presents for my family.

A camera case for Abby from an old sweater sleeve.
 Complete with a button I made myself!  I think I was using up the leftovers from a Sculpey project one day.
Hair Bows for Anna from some pretty bows I had been saving.
 But they fell apart right away so I need to rethink the barrette attachment...

A frame for Susan and Steven from the envelopes from their wedding.  I think it's fun to see all the familiar handwriting.

This funny little thing was from an earlier FAIL.  I was trying to make a pom pom from an old t-shirt.  It didn't work but then I put the pieces into a baby food jar and added googly eyes and it made me laugh.

I also made my Dad some hanging towels for the kitchen, and Anna made some ornaments, but I guess we didn't take pictures of those.

Time is the best gift of all.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, I love that frame idea! I wish I had all the envelopes from my wedding!

Did you hot glue the barrettes on? My glue gun is a piece of trash when it comes to barrettes.

And to whom did you gift your pink, googly-eyed creature? It made me laugh. :)

betsyann said...

Yep, hot glue. Didn't work a bit! I've used hot glue with felt barrettes and had good luck, but not at all with the ribbon! Any ideas?

My sister Susan was the lucky winner. And to think some people BUY presents! ;)

Melanie said...

I ended up just doing some hand stitching for my hair doo-dads. Not nearly as quick--but it will stay!

I had the thought this morning to use our Chrismas card envelopes with our name to make a frame for a family picture! Hopefully we have enough that are hand-written!