Friday, December 05, 2008

Pink Tree

For years... I've been collecting beautiful pink ornaments when I find them at Goodwill. Every year at Christmas I open the box of loveliness and look at it and sigh, and dream of my all pink tree.

I was waiting for a house, then I was waiting for a cheap white or silver tree.
This year I have both, and the pink ornaments are nestled sweetly with pink lights amidst white branches.


I'm not very good at taking Christmas Tree pictures. Just imagine a happy sigh, head to one side, little smile. That's the feeling the tree gives me.

There are still lots of things the tree needs. I think a white garland or two would help fill in some of the gaps, and mask the green light cords. Somewhere out in the world is the perfect topper, I'll just have to wait for it. And maybe a satin tree skirt is in order. I'm glad it's not finished yet.
I have a very generous husband, to allow such silliness in his room. It's even blocking the closet, so that we have to go through the bathroom to get to the clothes and hampers and shoes.

Feel free to comment about how nice he is....I have ideas for another tree in the bathroom...

8 comments:

In the Mix said...

That is really lovely. I'm not a pink girl and it makes me lean my head to one side and sigh with happiness. Lovely husband too!

Anonymous said...

you are so cute!! i have visions of what i would do with a second tree. i think all white on a green tree would be pretty. i got my topper at Michael's--just a huge bow with ribbons coming down. a pink one would suit that tree really well!

betsyann said...

All white on green would be pretty.

Walmart had small trees in all sorts of colors this year--pink, red, blue, purple...If I had a mansion I'd have a multicolored forest. Imagine what fun it would be for a little girl to pretend in.

Trinket said...

It's lovely. And those are some beautiful photos! I especially like the first one. And your husband is a great guy to let you have the Christmas Wonderland you love!

mllr said...

I love it...and I am always a bit jealous of people who love Christmas.

PS I like your husband also.

Jenny said...

Oh, it's beautiful! Surely they make lights with white strings? I wonder.

Nanny Smith said...

Okay, Betsy, I read the posting about more comments, so you are hearing from me today. I love your pink tree and think Matthew is a great guy. I put up 4 trees this year (Dennis is getting there) and am ecstatic! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

The Tidwells said...

Hmm, I think you need the string of lights I have with white cord - it would look way better on your white tree than on my green one!