Monday, February 09, 2009

Doh!

I was so excited about the Singer Sewing with Nature Contest. Abby and Susan and I came up with three lovely ideas to try. I was thinking we'd enter all three, one for each of us, but then as I was making things I started to feel like that was cheating.

Didn't matter...

Contest ended at 11:59 pm ET on the 4th, not the 5th. I was pretty cranky about it for a little while, but Susan reminded me that I had the fun of making them, and Dad said the memories of making things with Anna far outweigh any dress form, and that there would be many contests to enter.

Also I looked at the entries and thought that probably I didn't have a chance anyway. That always helps. :)

Here's our first project, claimed immediately by Anna for her own.

It was my first attempt at using rick rack around the edges, that technique definitely needs some work. Also my first time doing free hand decorative stitching/applique on the machine, and I think that leaf looks SUPER!

5 comments:

Susan said...

It's so cute! I'm glad the rick rack worked. Where are the other two?

betsyann said...

Coming soon... gotta spread it out. :)

linda jean said...

i wish you could get a really good close up on the leaf. It is wonderful!

dbilberry said...

Looks great! I'm working on a pillowcase dress right now and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. The armcycles are the worst! Anyhoo, I wanted to do rick rack around the skirt but couldn't find it in the right color. I've heard if you get the thicker rick rack you can just sew down the middle of it and it is a lot easier to put on. Anyways, good job!

mllr said...

So pretty!:) I love rick rack