Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mia's Quilt

I was able to talk Abby into taking a quilt class with me in January and February. We've been having lots of fun together. It's nice to have a sewing buddy again.

We made pinwheel quilts, and mine is going to my friend Amber, who's expecting baby Mia sometime soon.

I chose pink and brown because they are the hip colors right now, and I think that'll be fun for her when she's older, to see what was popular when she was born. I used a sweet flower for the pink, because Amber loves sweet things. I'm shooting for a blend of modern and sweet.
The pattern was pretty fun and simple, and came together nicely.

4 comments:

In the Mix said...

That is a lovely quilt. I like the two colors together.
What a great activity for you and Abby.

Trinket said...

It's beautiful, Bets. Amber will love it, and so will Mia.

The Gray Roach said...

WOW! That is so pretty!

dbilberry said...

Ooooo I want to cuddle up with it:)Quilts make the best blankets to lay them on with their toys when they're really little.