It's my Birthday! Here are some ridiculous things that I may be hoping for this year.
1. Zentangle Kit: Have you heard about zentangles? Little paper tiles that you fill up with doodles, repeating designs and colors. This kit is ludicrously expensive, and I think could be put together for much cheaper by buying the individual pieces. Doesn't it look fun and relaxing?
2. Betsyann.com Did you know my name is a chocolate website? Wouldn't that be a fun treat?
3. Long naps-for Katie and Jimmy-so that I can do some projects.
4. The time/money/wherewithal to redo my pantry. I suspect that there is a lot of wasted space there. I dream of hard shelves, and many of them, and a step stool and beautiful matching containers. Not super de duper fancy-not this
Just some hard shelves so things don't fall through, and some additional shelves for stacking on the shelves, and no more things stacked on the floor and falling over and making it hard to shut the door.
5. The pre-order for Something Other than God by my favorite stranger blogger, because then I also get the free e-book The Family First Creative.
6. But mostly mostly mostly, just happy and healthy family and friends, and an appreciation for this beautiful life. I want to "realize life as I live it" as Emily says in "Our Town"--This homily brought tears to my eyes, and an ache to live as much as I can while I can.
Happy day to me! And to you! And to life!