Sunday, January 03, 2016

Mama treats for the New Year

Here are three treats I'm giving myself (or attempting) for the new year.  

1.  Blog!  I really enjoy it, and there are things running through my head all the time, with no one to share them with.  But it is very hard to find 20 minutes to sit down at the computer because we all know the "work" never ever ever is "done".  I'm going to try though.



2.  Jimmy got new bath toys for Christmas, and after one too many poopy baths, I scooped up ALL of the old bath toys and put them into the trash.  ALL OF THEM!  I feel simultaneously guilty (because of course I could have washed them all AGAIN) and giddy because CLEAN TOYS!  Jimmy was really into this photo shoot.  


3.  I started a new laundry system last year wherein I put all of the socks into a basket as I am folding, and then match them up at the end.  Or have a child do it.  The bonus is that it feels much faster, and is easier for a child to help, and the idea was that the lone socks would find their matches in subsequent loads and all would even out. 


Instead, on December 31 I had 33 lone socks.  And I put them all in the trash!  I haven't actually thrown them out yet, maybe I'll finish the laundry today and double check one more time, and maybe I'll keep them in a box somewhere, but I want to just throw them out and start over.  

So--is it wasteful, decadent, or something else entirely?  And do you have any Mama indulgences for the New Year?

waste·ful
ˈwās(t)fəl/
adjective
  1. (of a person, action, or process) using or expending something of value carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose.

dec·a·dent
ˈdekəd(ə)nt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who is luxuriously self-indulgent.

4 comments:

In the Mix said...

I love these treats. I too have started throwing away socks that make it through the wash too many times without a mate. Not wasteful or decadent, it is sanity preserving. My indulgences this year are baking something new every Saturday I can and getting as many massages as I can afford. We'll see how it goes.

Amanda said...

Decadent! Definitely decadent! =)

Also, I love the sock idea!

Susan said...

Totally decadent. Also - yay! You're blogging again! Sorry I'm late to the party.

dbilberry said...

I have the same system for socks and the same problem AND I just threw a bunch of my no matches out too. One of the world's greatest mystery...where do all those dang socks go? Wouldn't you know it, I found some of the mates after I already threw away the others. Figures.