Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oh, for pity's sake.

The past two weeks we've been doing Kansas Assessments with our 3rd and 4th graders. We've had two weeks of "Spirit Days" to pump the school up about doing well on the tests. Last Tuesday I came to school and noticed that I was the only one not wearing red. The kids, after asking a zillion times why I wasn't, explained about the spirit weeks (Red="get fired up for the test"). I should have known after missing the first day that it was going to be a bad go. The next day was hat day (team spirit for the tests). I decided to skip hat day because I really don't like wearing hats and they make me look funny(*remember this*). The kids were quite disappointed. Thursday I wore yellow (going for the gold), like a good kid. On my way out of school on Thursday I asked Billee (our secretary) what Friday was, because I forgot to look. She said pyjama day, my very favorite. But on Friday when I got to school, Billee, looking sheepish, said "ummm, sorry, it's actually NOT pyjama day." Wearing PJ's to school on a non PJ day is a little embarrassing, but still very comfy. The kids thought it was hilarious. Then we started this week. Monday was just regular, but then on Tuesday it was "camo day" (war on the test),and I didn't have anything to wear and the kids were again disappointed. Wednesday was twin day(together we can!), and all of the teachers wore jeans and black shirts, and I managed that just fine. Today was hat day again (put your thinking caps on), and since I'd done such a terrible job with Spirit Week so far, I decided to go ahead and wear a hat even though I don't like to (and I look funny). So I showered and put on a hat and didn't bother fixing my hair. I got to school and all of the teachers were in the gym...for our staff picture. I had no idea it was picture day. How did I get to be such a mess? I showed them my hair under the hat, and they agreed I looked "cute" in the hat and I should leave it on. So in the 2007-2008 staff picture, we have 15 lovely staff members and one crazy girl in a denim bucket hat that says "K-State Kid". Last year our school did so well on the tests that we got a big plaque! With our Staff picture on it!

Tomorrow, I've checked over and over, is pyjama day. I'm ready for Spring Break.

5 comments:

lobiwan said...

I think you look nice in hats.

Melanie said...

Oh, I love it! There's nothing like getting called on your attire by 3rd & 4th graders. :) If you ever wanted to write a children's book--here's your material!

In the Mix said...

heh, heh, heh... thanks for the laugh!

mllr said...

You are so funny Betsy!

dbilberry said...

Very funny. I think you look good in hats too!