Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Flora's Very Windy Day

Today we went to the Library and got signed up for the summer reading program. It's one of my favorite things about summer and I especially enjoy making Abby do it with me. Today I left her in the car with sleeping Katie and signed her up without her permission. Ha!

One of the books we brought home was Flora's Very Windy Day. I picked it up just because we also have VERY windy days, and was so pleased when we read it. It's about a girl and her little brother, and has a very positive sibling message (something I'm super aware of at the moment) and absolutely wonderful illustrations. Flora's Very Windy Day

It's the sort of book that makes me want to search out other books by Jeanne Birdsall and look up Matt Phelan to find out what else he's illustrated so we can get them too.

Have you read anything great lately?

2 comments:

Susan said...

I just finished Tina Fey's "Bossypants" and thought it was excellent.

Roach Momma said...

Ooo...I'll have to look for that one when we go to the library tomorrow! We read "meet einstein" which was an excellent version for kids (may be a little young for Anna). "zero" and "the milkman" were other favs. I need to start writing them down. I get a bunch off the new rack as it's right be the entry :)