Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to School Dress

We didn't quite get it done for the first day of school, but "Back to School" surely lasts for a couple of weeks, right?

This year, Anna helped make her dress! We made the Sophia Tunic Dress from SewSweet Patterns on Etsy. We took the sleeves off and made it a bit longer. She chose the fabric.
Anna sewed the shoulders and side seams all herself! (On my lap) She wanted to run the machine ALL by herself, but I'm not quite ready for that step.

I think she was pleased. I was thrilled. Someone to sew with! :)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Fun! Great patience letting her help!

jmlo said...

Wonderful... maybe Anna could teach me to sew some time.

betsyann said...

She's really really wanting to sew something by herself now. And she wants to embroider a sampler. Oh, for more time!