Monday, November 10, 2014

K's!


All of Ezra Jack Keats is fun, but I really liked this one and I'd never heard of it before.


A true story from Pioneer days!  I'm going to have to read it aloud to the kids because even though it was on my featured shelf, STILL no one checked it out.  And it is great.  


When we were in Las Vegas at the ALA convention, Jon Klassen walked by in the exhibit hall and I felt like I was seeing a celebrity.  I told MJL "Do you know who that is?  'This is not My Hat'?  'I Want My Hat Back'?"  and he laughed at me.  


But these are great books.  Fun for kids and grownups alike, and nice and simple.  A great 1st/2nd grade level book is so important!  How else are we going to hook them on reading?


I like to read this one at the beginning of the year, though sometimes it almost makes me cry.  A sweet story inspired by the lions at the New York City Public Library.  


This is one of my all time favorite Halloween Stories.  It has a little witch in it, but it is a great story and not a bit scary.  


These are all pre-scheduled posts.  We're past 40 weeks now, so hopefully there'll be a baby soon!

No comments: