Monday, May 14, 2012

Home Alone Friday

I taught school and then zipped home to make my favorite lunch (almost).  Yellow squash and zucchini with a little garlic on wheat spaghetti with mozzarella.  I forgot the tomatoes.  Tomatoes make it perfect.  I threw in the leftover edamame from the night before-not perfect.  But still super yummy.  


I remembered to take a picture of the mantle-Thanks Dad-my Birthday pictures are perfect!


I took out all the trash and moved a bunch of stuff that was on the back porch into the shop.  I did most of the mudroom tidy a few weeks ago, but finally was able to finish so it's done and lovely.


My new expandable drying rack came and I hung it up myself.



I often wonder in the midst of projects like this if my absolute refusal to admit defeat is an asset or a liability. But it's up!  And plenty sturdy.  Surely.  

   


I finally put out my little figurines on the china hutch.  The top shelf had been bare since the Nativity Set came down in January.   My mom used to put these on top of the piano in the Spring because it was my Birthday season.  Most of them are from my Godmother, Aunt Irene.



I went to town and had dinner with Katrina!  And then we went shopping and looked at every single thing in Target.  It was really fun.  We didn't buy this Shinny Ball, but we did laugh about it a lot.


Then we sat outside her house and talked for another two hours, and then I came home and put things away and folded the last bits of laundry and then it was time for bed so I cleaned the bathrooms instead.  And then I went to bed.  

1 comment:

In the Mix said...

Finding myself a little jealous of your productivity. :)

What in the world is a "Shinny Ball" for? Crazy Chinese toy makers.