Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On my own Saturday

I slept until 10!  Lovely.  Then I got up and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.  I didn't take before/after pictures of all of the carpet spots I scrubbed because they were embarrassingly bad before and, while much improved, are still bad.  My mom would clean up spots immediately after spills.  That was smart.  I am kind of lazy about that.  Which is evidenced on my carpet.  Anyhoo-cleaned carpets (emptied the vacuum twice!) until it was time to go meet Linda for lunch.

Then I took Abby shopping for a new Confirmation dress and she talked me into one which was too expensive and very pretty.  It was fun.  :)  And I bought the pink sweatpants I resisted three times before.  I've been living in them since.  So happy.
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Graphic Pant - Snazzy Pink

Then I tried to get another sno cone but they were closed.

I came home and finished the carpets and then finished Spencer's quilt top!

  

Then I got ready to start Levi's quilt, but got distracted looking at fabric and found some nice flannel I forgot about and then got inspired and made three baby blankets.  I'll post about those once I get them mailed out. It was my most favorite thing-using what I have, making gifts, using fabrics that I adore and tend to hoard-perfect.  

Then my sweet family came home.  Hugs and snuggles and I did their laundry straight out of the suitcases because I wasn't ready to part with my empty hamper joy.  

No comments: