Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dino Bags

Remember WAY back before Christmas when I found the cute kits at Goodwill, and one of them was for some counted cross stich dinosaurs? Finally finished! Thanks mostly to Dad's surgery and lots of time sitting around in the hospital. :)

Here are the dinos all stitched. The kit came with enough supplies to make two, so Abby and I each did one.


Then I ironed on some fusible fleece (I got some before New Years, because I knew it was something I wanted to play with, and I had the idea for my No Craft Supplies resolution in my head...pre-emptive cheating) to make them more sturdy.


Then I used this tutorial from the purl bee and made a couple of bags. We'll be able to use these every Christmas forever! Makes me happy.

2 comments:

dbilberry said...

Super cute!

The Tidwells said...

Is it cheating on your resolution to take craft donations? You would be welcome to come "shopping" at my place sometime, I need to purge some things. (the bags are adorable!)