Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rainy Day Things

I made a big ol' pillow for my bed today, with fabric that matches the curtains. I always thought making a pillow sham with a flanged edge was something fancy, but come to find you just make the pillowcase 3 inches bigger all around and then sew a seam 3 inches in, and there's your flange. Simple as can be. Here's my little darlin' (sick today) using it to watch Robin Hood.
We got to see Heath and Jenny and their boys this weekend, that was fun. We went to the park and the kids ran around together, but I forgot to take any pictures. Oops. They'll just have to come back. :)

Matthew and I started watching "All Creature Great and Small" last night. We both just finished the books and loved them. The show is wonderful too. We laugh and laugh, and, unlike most other things, we can watch it with Anna around. It's eerie. I know my parents watched them when they were on TV, and it makes me feel like I'm little again. It's all so familiar. I remember thinking that my parents watched really boring TV, and now I'm choosing it. Does that make me old?

My Dad sent me a link to this article about people's top 5 books, and asked for our lists. I took that to mean books I loved and would always want to have around, and read over and over. Here's mine: (edited after Susan called me out, saying there's no way I'd put the Bible above Anne. I'm afraid she's right, but that's terrible. She also said I couldn't count all of the Anne books as one, but I'm going to anyway...People count the Lord of the Rings trilogy as one book...and hey! the Bible has lots of books in it too. So there.)


1. Anne of Green Gables, et al--L.M. Montgomery
2. The Bible
3. Cannery Row--Steinbeck
4. Our Mutual Friend--Dickens
5. Papa's Wife--Thyra Ferre Bjorn


Now--What are your top five??

3 comments:

Susan said...

Since you told the truth about Anne beating God... here's my list.

1. Great Expectations- Dickens
2. The Grapes of Wrath- Steinbeck
3. Pride & Prejudice- Austen
4. The Canterbury Tales- Chaucer
5. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn- Twain

Trinket said...

1. Bible
2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3. Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher
4. The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
5. I'm not sure about #5. Maybe The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe? (C.S. Lewis)

mllr said...

1. The Bible
2 Jane Eyre
3. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
4. Little Women
5. Christy

The pillow is great and I hope your birthday is happy!