Thursday, January 22, 2009

Martha Stewart Cooking School

On the rare occasions that I have 5 or 10 minutes with nothing pressing to do, I've really enjoyed sitting down with my newest cookbook:


I've only just finished the introduction. I learned all about the different tools and pots and pans I should have in the kitchen, how to use knives, what different herbs and spices are and how to use them. The pictures are lovely.
The first section is all about making soup, and I've been thinking we need to have more soup in our lives, so hopefully I'll get the chance to try to make my own stock and all of that. Fun fun!

2 comments:

Roach Momma said...

I can't wait to hear how you like the book. I've been watching the segments from her show where she's been highlighting some of the techniques and it's been pretty interesting to learn the "basics." I think I'll have to add this book to my wish list along with her Cookie Book. Yesterday she said she's coming out with a Cupcake book next. How fun!

Melanie said...

When you're looking for cheesecloth to make stock, I've heard it can be found in the Wal-Mart paint dept. :)