Monday, June 15, 2009

Yummy Dinner

Abby came out one night last week for crafts and dinner. All three girls are participating in the Library's Summer Reading Program, and one of the things we needed to do was cook something we'd never made before.



Abby chose a recipe from the latest issue of Everyday Food. (My favorite magazine)


We looked all over, but couldn't find gnocchi anywhere in town, so we substituted Orzo, since neither of us had ever cooked with it either.

It was delicious.

We accompanied the dinner with a salad made with lettuce from my garden!


And good old crescent rolls from a can.

8 comments:

Susan said...

you lie! I've had your orzo before.

Steven317 said...

I love orzo!

betsyann said...

What? When? I don't remember that.

Roach Momma said...

Mmmmm....looks yummy! I LOVE gnocci and the only place I've found it so far is Super Target in the pasta aisle. I have a Rachel Ray recipe for Ricotta Gnocci (it's typically made from potatoes, especially the kind you find at the store) made from scratch in a creamy spinach sauce if you're interested.

Susan said...

You made it for one of the Monday night dinners when I was home that semester. It had cranberries in it and was super delicious. I think you even gave me a recipe for it.

Melanie said...

I've never heard of gnocchi, but those veggies look great! I'll have to try this if the garden does anything.

betsyann said...

Sus--that was from Schwans. I don't think it counts if you just heat it up from frozen.

betsyann said...

Roach Momma--I think making it from scratch sounds HARD! I'm into easy. But maybe this winter on some cold boring day...