Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School Skirt

I wanted to make a Back to School Skirt with Anna, but I really didn't know if we would get to it.  One morning she came down to pick out fabric and found a piece of an apron I had goofed up and asked if we could make a skirt out of it.  It was brilliant-because three sides were already finished, so all we had to do was sew it together and put in a casing for elastic.  


I let her run the machine all by myself-which was very hard.  I tried not to be hover-y, and she did a fantastic job.  She went nice and slow and did a wonderful job sewing in a straight line.  I could not figure out how to explain moving the elastic through the casing-she kept doing it backwards.   We'll have to work on that some more.  


Here she is, proud in her new skirt.


She's very excited to wear it to school.  Today!!

3 comments:

In the Mix said...

Super cute! I would be a hover-y momma too. :)

Susan said...

Love it! You're a brave momma.

Melanie said...

Love everything about this!