Friday, November 14, 2008

Homemade Sausage

I was browsing through cookbooks the other day, and noticed a recipe for making sausage out of ground turkey. Matthew's not a fan of the ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef, but since we're still cleaning out, that's what we're eating.

Here's the recipe: Turkey Breakfast Sausage

It was fun to use all of the spices. I did wonder, when a recipe just calls for "thyme" or "sage" are you supposed to use the "ground" bottle or the "rubbed"? Anyone?

I decided to just brown it all, and not make patties, so that we could use it in spaghetti sauce or eggs. It was super tasty!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ground turkey is amazing. I'll have to try your recipe this weekend.

Jenny said...

That is interesting! I didn't know those were the spices in sausage. I usually don't like it because it is too spicy, but if I put the spices in myself then I could control that.

betsyann said...

I guess I forgot to put the picture in-weird.

Let me know how you like it!