Saturday, November 15, 2008

Not so tasty

I found a partial bag of butter mints in the pantry, and thought surely I could grind them up and make something good out of them. It was especially exciting to use my mortar and pestle. Except that that wasn't a great idea because it took FOREVER and I ended up with a bunch of candy smushed to the bottom of the bowl because of the repeated pounding.


Anna had fun though.
Here are the cookies--They didn't taste very good. I read in one of the reviews that they weren't very minty, so I added 1/4 tsp. of peppermint oil, but it wasn't enough. It's that kind of cookie that's not very sweet, and that's crumbly inside. There must be people who like that kind of cookie, so here's the recipe if that's you.
I wish I were better at reading a recipe and knowing what something would taste like. Is that just experience? Paying attention? Thinking it through? I forget to do those things.
I have more crushed mints--any suggestions?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Um... could you mix them with almond bark and make chocolate covered pretzels or something?

Anonymous said...

You could also add it to homeade vanilla ice cream. Yum!