Friday, December 11, 2009

O Christmas Two

So yesterday was crafting. Today...

Goodwill

There are so many wonderful and strange things to be found there.

Like this guy, who makes me laugh every year. Where did he come from? When and where was he appropriate?

Or this, my very first Flamingo ornament. Now I have lots, given to me over the years, but this first flamingo, he's special. I remember finding him and thinking. A flamingo for the Christmas Tree, found at Goodwill? What could be more perfect?

I got a whole box of these Straw ornaments from Czechoslovakia, and gave most of them away, but I kept one for myself.
And this is a Hallmark Keepsake ornament that I found brand new in the box. It has the year we moved into the house and everything (see the 2004 at the bottom of the door). I think I found it two years ago. It was very exciting.

Can you guess what's next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's on top?!

linda jean said...

the czech ornaments are some of the prettiest on my tree. thanks again.

betsyann said...

Goodness, why didn't I take a picture of what's on top? She's a crocheted angel that my Aunt Nadine made us as our wedding present. I guess I was focused on ornaments.

In the Mix said...

Ornaments you made as a kid?