I had this idea that I wanted to make all the kids back sacks for the favor bags for the party.
I knew that was kind of crazy, making 8 back sacks for a 4 year old birthday party, so I tried REALLY hard not to make them, but then decided that trying not to make them was stressing me out just as much as sitting down and making them would, so I got the fabric and went to work.
First, I used this pattern, which was kind of hard and more complicated than I wanted and didn't have easily pullable straps.
So Abby came out and we tried to modify the pattern, but it still didn't pull nicely. So far we'd dedicated about 3 hours to the project, and we had 1.5 bags.
Finally I decided to trust myself and just think about it for a minute.
10 minutes later I had one done. The straps (some poly rope) pulled through easily, it looked cute, and it was super quick. I got the next 6 done in about an hour.
I didn't take pictures as I was making them, or I'd do a tutorial. Maybe I'll add it to my summer list.
Here's a picture of all 8.
Crazy, but fun.