Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Coats

I've been buying my coats at Thrift Stores since High School. I'm always frustrated by the linings, since that's usually the reason they end up at the thrift store in the first place. Mom sewed several for me, and last year I had her teach me how to sew it myself, but it was a lot of trouble, and then the coat I had fixed up so nicely in the lining started to come apart at all of the seams. So I decided to buy regular coats.

Then I saw how much regular coats cost. I can't do that!

So I decided to just buy a new thrift store coat every year and not try to fix them. I'll just wear them out completely and get a new one.

This year I couldn't possibly choose, so I got two. One is green, with Sparkly Buttons! (and with a torn lining)


The other is a beautiful pink and the lining looks good! Could it be a two-season coat??

We'll see. Mom always said I was "awfully hard on things".

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm sure enjoying seeing your crafty and thrifty posts again. :)

I still need to try making that Boston Creme Pie...