That meant I had two big Ziploc bags full of crayon bits that I couldn't possibly throw away.
Yesterday Anna and I started making big mixed crayons out of them.
It's fun. We peeled a few crayons, cut them into smaller bits, and then put them into some heart shaped foil things I got free a few years ago. I'm going to have to find another mold that's not as girly.
We followed this tutorial initially, but after 25 minutes at 170 degrees, they weren't melted much at all.
We had to go to town then, so we let them cool back down, and then I cooked them for a bit later in the evening at 230, and then we had to go again, and then finally at 250. Eventually they melted and we took them out and cooled them. They're really pretty, but have a row of lighter wax at the top/bottom. I'm not sure if that's because of the higher heat or the heating and reheating. Hopefully next time I'll not try to squeeze it in on a busy day.
Here are a couple more super cool ideas I found when I was looking for more information:
I've found a wide range of temperatures, from 150 to 250, so let me know if you try it, and what you think works best. I'll keep you posted on what we come up with too.