Friday, October 17, 2008

Take Two

We made another set yesterday.


I was right about the lighter colored ring on one side of the first batch. That part doesn't color much. The second set we made also has the light colored ring, but much smaller.
The other parts do color very nicely though. Here's a picture of cousins having loads of fun. Our house has been full this afternoon, lots of joyful noise.
Anna, Jairus, Cephas

Michaela

I made the second batch in some glass dishes and a mold I found today at Goodwill.

The star mold didn't work at all. I couldn't get the crayon out without breaking it.

I melted them at 250 for 25 minutes. I can't figure out why other people's crayons seem to melt so much faster.

I think I made these a little too big, a thinner disk would be nicer. But look how cute they are packaged like this:






No comments: